Richard A. Rice, Jr.
A Trusted Atlanta Criminal Defense Lawyer
Mr. Rice is a former federal prosecutor and a dedicated criminal defense
attorney. As a member of Mensa International, an organization only open
to those persons whose IQ is in the top 2% of world’s population,
he uses his considerable knowledge of the law for the benefit of all clients
who retain the services of The Rice Law Firm, LLC.
For his dedication, Attorney Rice has been honored to receive numerous
Being named a “Legal Elite” by
Georgia Trend Magazine
Inclusion on the
Georgia Super Lawyers® list
- An Avvo Rating of 10.0 Superb
- Being named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers
If you’ve been arrested or accused, do not hesitate to
contact our Atlanta criminal defense attorney for the assistance you need.
Maximum Results. Maximum Rewards. The Rice Law Firm, LLC.
Richard Rice has years of experience investigating or defending companies
accused of fraud. This expertise is what you need in order to investigate
and pursue a whistleblower action.
As an Assistant United States Attorney, Richard Rice was a federal prosecutor
in the Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) section.
He investigated and prosecuted international drug trafficking and money
laundering organizations operating throughout the Western hemisphere.
Mr. Rice was an expert in investigations involving electronic surveillance,
such as Title III (wiretap) investigations.
Mr. Rice also coordinated multi-jurisdictional and interagency investigations
and prosecuted the full spectrum of federal crimes, including public corruption,
fraud schemes, firearm offenses, bank robberies, and internet crimes.
Judge Advocate General’s Corps of the United States Navy
As an officer in the Navy JAG Corps, Richard Rice achieved a stunning
acquittal rate of over 80% in contested courts-martial. These results
are more impressive given the fact that he tried more cases than any other
defense counsel in the second largest military district.
This success continued as Richard Rice next served as appellate defense
counsel for defendants in the Navy and Marine Corps located throughout
the world. For instance, Richard Rice appealed the conviction and sentence
of a senior non-commissioned officer who had been sentenced to over twenty
years in prison. The conviction and sentence were overturned and then
the client was acquitted of all charges when the Government again prosecuted
Richard Rice obtained the rank of Lieutenant Commander and was awarded
both the Navy and Marine Achievement Medal and the Navy and Marine Corps
Commendation Medal for his work as a defense counsel.
Mr. Rice is or has been a member of many honorary and legal organizations, such as:
- The American Bar Association
- The Atlanta Bar
- The Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- The Federal Bar Association (Atlanta Chapter)
- The Sorin Society of the University of Notre Dame
- The Army Navy Club of Washington, D.C.
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The United States Supreme Court Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
Mr. Rice’s education includes the following:
Juris Doctorate from the University of Notre Dame Law School
- Managing Editor of the Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy
- White Scholar at the Thomas J. White Center on Law and Government
- Undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia