White Collar Criminal Defense
The Government changes the rules of the game. Yesterday, a business activity may only have been subject only to regulatory and administrative oversight. With no warning and no true notice, today the Government may have made that business activity a potential criminal violation. Almost every major newspaper or business journal recently has had articles on companies who have fallen prey to this pernicious trap. A company’s failure to strictly comply with conflicting accounting standards can be construed as securities fraud. A regulatory agency unreasonably interprets or applies a health care regulation and now suddenly a company is accused of health care fraud. A simple billing mistake gets misconstrued as Medicare or Medicaid fraud. At the law practice of The Rice Law Firm, LLC, we can help develop a strategy to protect your rights.
Unfortunately, even when a company or an individual is ultimately able to convince the Government that the business activities were lawful and proper, the mere existence of an investigation can be fatal. The success, reputation, and goodwill that you or your business spent years nurturing can be irreparably damaged if the existence of an investigation becomes public.
Strategic Resolutions To Protect Your Rights
Whether you are blameless or you simply made a mistake, Richard Rice will implement an effective strategy that protects you even during the investigation. Our strategies include:
- Discrete, confidential internal investigations
- Responding to grand jury subpoenas
- Responding to administrative subpoenas
- Developing and implementing compliance programs to prevent and detect violations of the law and minimize corporate liability
- Negotiating global settlements to avoid criminal charges and penalties and minimize any civil liability
- Aggressively defending businesses and individuals in white-collar criminal investigations and prosecutions
It is imperative that you hire a criminal defense attorney with the expertise and experience to protect you, to exonerate you. Richard Rice is that criminal defense attorney.
If You Are Under Investigation
The only effective way to counteract and respond to an investigation is to understand how those investigations are conducted. As a former federal prosecutor, Richard Rice has worked with federal investigators such as the FBI, IRS, IRS CID, DEA, Diversion, U.S. Customs, Secret Service, ICE, ATF, and the U.S. Marshals, as well as state and local law enforcement agencies. This “inside” experience and knowledge is required when you are under investigation. When your future is at risk, knowing when to assert a defense can be as important as having a defense. It is a small consolation that you were blameless if the investigation destroyed all that you had built before the Government recognized this. Do not let this happen to you. Richard Rice is a criminal defense attorney who can effectively challenge the Government and do so at the critical point in time when it will most benefit you.
Richard Rice and The Rice Law Firm, LLC are available to represent you, your company, and individual employees and officers in a broad range of white collar cases, including:
- Civil and criminal forfeiture proceedings
- Computer and internet crimes
- Corruption, including bribery, kickbacks and theft of honest services
- Criminal and civil RICO proceedings
- Environmental criminal and regulatory enforcement actions
- Espionage and terrorism cases
- Federal tax violations
- Financial, banking, and securities laws violations
- Foreign Corrupt Practice Act violations
- Fraud, including international and domestic fraud schemes of every type
- Government contract investigations
- Grand jury subpoenas or investigations
- Health care fraud
- Internet crimes
- Money laundering
- Mortgage fraud
- Public and private corruption, bribery, and kickback schemes
- Securities Fraud
- SEC investigations
- Smuggling and Importation crimes
- Technology and trade secrets theft
Contact Us For Legal Options – Free Consultation
Our reputable attorney handles every legal aspect of white collar crimes and also defends clients with other criminal arrests. He can review your situation and explain your legal options. Contact us for a free consultation, by phone at 770-615-0816 or send us this email message. We respond promptly to every communication.